From: Luis Colorado [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2007 3:29 PM
To: OJB Users List
Subject: RE: Driver Specific Parameters

Eric,

I'm not sure if this answers your question, but I was doing some similar
research to set up a parameter for jetspeed-1, which also uses OJB. When
I upgraded from MySQL version 4 to version 5, I discovered that I had to
set up a parameter to handle timestamps equal to zero, and I was looking
for a bit for the right place to put this parameter. The parameter was
"zeroDateTimeBehavior=convertToNull". In the end, I discovered that the
right place to put it at the end of the dbalias as shown below:

   <jdbc-connection-descriptor
          jcd-alias="essential"
          default-connection="yes"
          platform="MySQL"
          jdbc-level="3.0"
          driver="org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver"
          protocol="jdbc"
          subprotocol="mysql"

dbalias="//localhost/essential?zeroDateTimeBehavior=convertToNull"
          username="xxxxxx"
          password="yyyyy"

I hope this helps.

Luis