Hi,

could this problem be caused by the bidirectional references? How do you store the child object? If you store the object in two steps does this prevent the error:

broker.beginTransaction();
// store child without references
broker.store(child);
// now set the references
child.setParent(p1)
p1.setChild(c);
// update child
broker.store(child);
broker.commitTransaction();

Srilakshmi Machineni wrote:
Hello, We are currently using OJB 1.0.1 . We have a table that is a
child to two different tables. These two parent tables have composite
primary keys and they share part of the keys in the child table. The
child has a 1:1 relation to both the parents.

The tables look something like this:

CREATE TABLE "CHILD" ( "CHILD_ID" INTEGER NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY, "PARENT_ID" INTEGER , "ABC" INTEGER , "PARENT2_ID" INTEGER ) ALTER
TABLE "CHILD" ADD CONSTRAINT "PARENT2_FK" FOREIGN KEY ("PARENT2_ID",
 "ABC") REFERENCES "PARENT2" ("PARENT_ID", "ABC") ALTER TABLE "CHILD"
ADD CONSTRAINT "PARENT1_FK" FOREIGN KEY ("PARENT_ID", "ABC") REFERENCES "PARENT" ("PARENT_ID", "ABC")

CREATE TABLE "PARENT" ( "PARENT_ID" INTEGER NOT NULL, "ABC" INTEGER
NOT NULL) ALTER TABLE "PARENT" ADD CONSTRAINT "PK1" PRIMARY KEY ("PARENT_ID", "ABC");

CREATE TABLE "PARENT2" ( "PARENT2_ID" INTEGER NOT NULL, "ABC" INTEGER
NOT NULL) ALTER TABLE "PARENT2" ADD CONSTRAINT "PK1" PRIMARY KEY ("PARENT2_ID", "ABC");

The OJB Classes:: class Child{ private Integer childId; private
Integer parentId; private Integer abc; private Integer parent2Id; //rel private Parent parent; private Parent2 parent2; }

class Parent{ private Integer parentId; private Integer abc; //rel private Child child; }

class Parent2{ private Integer parent2Id; private Integer abc; //rel
 private Child child; }

The repository mapping:

<class-descriptor class="Child" table="CHILD"> <field-descriptor
name="childId" column="CHILD_ID" primarykey="true"
jdbc-type="INTEGER"/> <field-descriptor name="parentId"
column="PARENT_ID" jdbc-type="INTEGER"/> <field-descriptor name="abc"
column="ABC" jdbc-type="INTEGER"/> <field-descriptor name="parent2Id"
column="PARENT2_ID" jdbc-type="INTEGER"/> <reference-descriptor
name="parent" class-ref="Parent"> <foreignkey field-ref="parentId" />
<foreignkey field-ref="abc" /> </reference-descriptor> <reference-descriptor name="parent2" class-ref="Parent2"> <foreignkey field-ref="parent2Id" /> <foreignkey field-ref="abc" /> </reference-descriptor> </class-descriptor>

<class-descriptor class="Parent" table="PARENT"> <field-descriptor
name="parentId" column="PARENT_ID" primarykey="true"
jdbc-type="INTEGER"/> <field-descriptor name="abc" column="ABC"
primarykey="true" jdbc-type="INTEGER"/> <reference-descriptor
name="child" class-ref="Child"> <foreignkey field-ref="parentId" /> <foreignkey field-ref="abc" /> </reference-descriptor> </class-descriptor>

<class-descriptor class="parent2" table="PARENT"> <field-descriptor
name="parent2Id" column="PARENT2_ID" primarykey="true"
jdbc-type="INTEGER"/> <field-descriptor name="abc" column="ABC"
primarykey="true" jdbc-type="INTEGER"/> <reference-descriptor
name="child" class-ref="child"> <foreignkey field-ref="parent2Id" />
 <foreignkey field-ref="abc" /> </reference-descriptor>

</class-descriptor>

When storing the child table, it is possible that data from only one
of the parent tables is populated. When I am trying to store in that
database, I dont have a problem when I call the set method on one of
the parent objects of the child but when I try to refer the second
parent in the same manner, I am getting a sql exception that says
that data does not exist in the parent table and the transaction is
being rolled back(The parent object is stored in the database first...). I have tried removing the OJB relation and manually
setting the foreign key fields for the second parent. In this case I
am able to store the part of the key that is not shared but the
shared part is being set to null in the database. I have also tried
to make one of them a collection-descriptor. I got the same sql
exception. I am not sure if there is a problem with how the database
is setup or how my OJB mappings are and classes are setup. At this
point, short of making a database change, I feel I have exhausted all
available option. Am I missing something? Any advice would be
appreciated..

Thanks, -Sri.