Hi Josef,

Josef Wagner wrote:
Hello Armin,

no, I have allready replaced all CGLib classes width JDK classes. My
problem is, that i can't debug the following issue: -------- Caused
by: java.lang.NullPointerException at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.QueryReferenceBroker.access$000(QueryReferenceBroker.java:64)

I think this is the access from the inner class PBMaterializationListener to the private field 'pb' in class QueryReferenceBroker.
Decompiled code for QueryReferenceBroker:
static org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl access$000(org.apache.ojb.broker.core.QueryReferenceBroker);
  Code:
   0:   aload_0
1: getfield #4; //Field pb:Lorg/apache/ojb/broker/core/PersistenceBrokerImpl;
   4:   areturn

at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.QueryReferenceBroker$PBMaterializationListener.addThisListenerTo(QueryReferenceBroker.java:990)

-------- <code> Line 990: _listenedHandler = pb.getProxyFactory().getIndirectionHandler(owner); </code>

pb is != null

I have no idea :o/. Are there any no features, that I have to keep in
mind?

I remember that I got a similar ".access$000" error some weeks ago. But I can't remember the reason. I thought it was a proxy issue (do you get the same error when using CGLIB-proxy classes?) - but seems this isn't the reason.

Could you describe or post the test source code to reproduce the issue?

regards, Josef

Armin Waibel schrieb:
Hi Josef,

could this be a proxy issue? Please check the settings in OJB.properties file - do you need CGLib based proxies?

regards, Armin

Josef Wagner wrote:
Hi Armin, i tried to starting my application width 1.0.5, but no
success. I can`t get any informations when looking into the log. I think, it`s an Java Reflection Problem: Hier is the log output,
have you any idee ?

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:357)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:291) at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run(ProgressMonitorDialog.java:447)

at de.on_ergy.lakon.rcp.dialog.LoginDialog.buttonPressed(LoginDialog.java:114)

at
org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:556)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:90)
 at
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66) at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:843) at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3125)
 at
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2758)
 at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:809)
 at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:787) at
de.on_ergy.base.ui.OnErgyDialog.open(OnErgyDialog.java:132) at de.on_ergy.lakon.rcp.LakonWorkbenchWindowAdviser.postWindowOpen(LakonWorkbenchWindowAdviser.java:209)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.fireWindowOpened(WorkbenchWindow.java:1070)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.open(WorkbenchWindow.java:701) at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.busyOpenWorkbenchWindow(Workbench.java:677)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.doOpenFirstTimeWindow(Workbench.java:1282)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.openFirstTimeWindow(Workbench.java:1223)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchConfigurer.openFirstTimeWindow(WorkbenchConfigurer.java:190)

at org.eclipse.ui.application.WorkbenchAdvisor.openWindows(WorkbenchAdvisor.java:706)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.init(Workbench.java:1034) at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1636) at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:367)

at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:143)
 at
de.on_ergy.lakon.rcp.RcpApplication.run(RcpApplication.java:44) at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:226)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:376)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:163)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at
org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:334) at
org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:278) at
org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:973) at
org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:948) Caused by:
org.apache.ojb.broker.PersistenceBrokerException: java.lang.NullPointerException at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.QueryReferenceBroker.getCollectionByQuery(QueryReferenceBroker.java:290)

at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.getCollectionByQuery(PersistenceBrokerImpl.java:1597)

at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.DelegatingPersistenceBroker.getCollectionByQuery(DelegatingPersistenceBroker.java:393)

at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.DelegatingPersistenceBroker.getCollectionByQuery(DelegatingPersistenceBroker.java:393)

at de.on_ergy.base.provider.OnErgyDataProviderOjb.select(OnErgyDataProviderOjb.java:518)

at de.on_ergy.lakon.data.DataProviderOjb.select(DataProviderOjb.java:1486) at de.on_ergy.lakon.data.DataProviderOjb.select(DataProviderOjb.java:1473) at de.on_ergy.base.provider.OnErgyDataProviderOjb.select(OnErgyDataProviderOjb.java:480)

at
de.on_ergy.lakon.data.DataProvider.select(DataProvider.java:248) at de.on_ergy.lakon.bp.stammdaten.LakonBP.select(LakonBP.java:131) at
de.on_ergy.lakon.rcp.dialog.LoginDialog$1.run(LoginDialog.java:97)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:346)

... 36 more Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.QueryReferenceBroker.access$000(QueryReferenceBroker.java:64)

at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.QueryReferenceBroker$PBMaterializationListener.addThisListenerTo(QueryReferenceBroker.java:990)

at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.QueryReferenceBroker$PBPrefetchingListener.<init>(QueryReferenceBroker.java:1048)

at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.QueryReferenceBroker$PBMaterializationListener.<init>(QueryReferenceBroker.java:985)

at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.QueryReferenceBroker.retrieveReference(QueryReferenceBroker.java:413)

at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.QueryReferenceBroker.retrieveReferences(QueryReferenceBroker.java:495)

at org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.RsIterator.getObjectFromResultSet(RsIterator.java:490)

at org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.RsIterator.next(RsIterator.java:280) at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.QueryReferenceBroker.getCollectionByQuery(QueryReferenceBroker.java:143)

at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.QueryReferenceBroker.getCollectionByQuery(QueryReferenceBroker.java:277)

... 47 more

thanks for your help! regrads Josef

Armin Waibel schrieb:
Hi Josef,

Josef Wagner wrote:
Hello List,

I have a problem width loading large data from tables width clob-culumns. db: oracle 9.2.0.8 ojb: 1.0.4 driver: thin

When i load 15000 rows, my applikation gets an
OutOfMemoryError. I have ensure, that Oracle width clobs is
the problem, width HSQLDB, all works fine. The data in the
clob-culumns are texts width AKTUALLY no more then 100
charakters.

I have checked out the trunk of ojb and I see, that in the
platform package are some wrapper-classes for clob und blob?

yep, I reworked the LOB-support a bit and add Blob/Clob
java-types support (before OJB converts all LOB's to byte[]).

Unforunatelly, I can't test if this is the solution of my
problem, because I get lots of errors when starting my
application width a jar from the trunk version.

Don't use the trunk it's the alpha OJB 2.x. Please check out
the OJB_1_0_RELEASE branch it's the stable upcoming OJB 1.0.5
version.

Can anybody tell me, if the source in the trunk is the
solution for such problems I have?

Don't know - give it a try.

Or is the solution to switch to oralce 10g?

I run the LOB-test against OracleXE 10.2.0.1 and classes12_g_10.2.0.2.jar driver. http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/db/ojb/branches/OJB_1_0_RELEASE/src/test/org/apache/ojb/broker/lob/LOBTest.java?view=markup

The tests handle CLOB's up to 5000 characters.

Or should I use OCI instead of THIN driver?

Sorry I don't know (not a Oracle expert).

regards, Armin

Thanks a lot for your answers.

regrads Josef Wagner