Hi Eric,

Ferrer, Eric wrote:
Is it possible to hint to OJB on persisted calls to use the WITH (NO
LOCK) attributes on tables?

The "WITH (NOLOCK)" clause is a proprietary sql extension for mssql, so same problem as with "native limit" support. If using "WITH (NOLOCK)" dirty reads can occur - what about data consistency?

Isn't it possible to change the transaction level of the current used connection
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/ms378149.aspx
AFAIK is TRANSACTION_READ_UNCOMMITTED the same as "WITH (NOLOCK)".
Something like this:

PersistenceBroker broker = lookup PB instance (no tx running!!)
// get the current connection
Connection con = broker.serviceConnectionManager().getConnection();
int iso = con.getTransactionIsolation();
try
{
   con.setTransactionIsolation(Connection.TRANSACTION_READ_UNCOMMITTED);
   // perform the query or other work
   broker.getCollectionByQuery(...);
finally
{
   // rollback to default tx-isolation
   con.setTransactionIsolation(iso);
   broker.close();

When ever we are in a multiple transaction and selecting data from large
tables we sometimes slow things down and for performance reasons
sometimes have to create views.

Thanks

-Eric