Hello,
we use OJB as persistence layer. Due to project specific needs, we've built
another layer on top of OJB and we can/may not use jdbc at all anymore.
The problem now is that we need queries that cannot be built with
Query/Criteria objects because there is no proper mapping that could handle
these scenarios.
Is there a way to execute any kind of select statements without specifying a
mapping and a target persistence class? I'd like to execute a select statement
and get the result in the way as for ReportQueries.
Eg:
        Query query = new QueryBySQL(null, selectString);
        persister.getReportQueryIteratorBySQLQuery(query);      // not the 'SQL'

The thing is that we cannot create mapping for any of these very specific
queries, nor we can use jdbc.

Any chance to get this done with OJB?
Many thanks!