Dolphin06 wrote:
Hello, i created a new project in Netbeans then import ojb-blank.jar, then i
copy the OJB.properties, repository.xml, repository.dtd in WEB-INF.  It
wasnt working. So as you said to me in your reply i put the file in WEB-INF/classes, it
still wasnt working like this.  It finally worked by putting the files in
both and WEB-INF and WEB-INF/classes.  Now it works fine.  Thx for help, but
why its not sufficient to put the file in only one place ?

Sorry, I don't know (normally WEB-INF/classes should be enough).

arminw wrote:
Hi,

> In my project web-inf folder i got the following file, OJB.properties > (left ...

Did you setup your IDE or do you pack an .war-file?
For the last please try to put all OJB files into WEB-INF/classes
directory.

regards
Armin

Dolphin06 wrote:
Hello i m trying to use ojb, but i m having problem getting a default
persistence broker.
I got an exception when executing this statement :
broker = PersistenceBrokerFactory.defaultPersistenceBroker();

the exception i got is the following : java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.PersistenceBrokerFactory.defaultPersistenceBroker(Unknown
Source)
Caused by: org.apache.ojb.broker.OJBRuntimeException: Property for key
'PersistenceBrokerFactoryClass' can not be found in properties file
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerFactoryFactory.init(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerFactoryFactory.<clinit>(Unknown
Source)

In my project web-inf folder i got the following file, OJB.properties
(left
unchange), repository.dtd and repository.xml that i modified the
following
way :
<!ENTITY database SYSTEM "repository_database.xml">
<!ENTITY internal SYSTEM "repository_internal.xml">
<!ENTITY user SYSTEM "repository_user.xml">
]>
<descriptor-repository version="1.0"
                       isolation-level="read-uncommitted"
                       proxy-prefetching-limit="50">
<!-- include all used database connections -->
    <jdbc-connection-descriptor jcd-alias="default"
                                default-connection="true"
                                platform="MySQL"
                                jdbc-level="2.0"
                                driver="org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver"
                                protocol="jdbc"
                                subprotocol="@OJB_DB_URL@"
                                dbalias="weblog"
                                username="root"
                                password="supports"/>
<!-- include ojb internal mappings here; comment this if you don't
need
them -->
    &internal;
<!-- include user defined mappings here -->
    <class-descriptor class="member.Member" table="member">
        <field-descriptor name="id" column="member_id" jdbc-type="BIGINT"
primarykey="true" autoincrement="true"/>
        <field-descriptor name="name" column="member_name"
jdbc-type="VARCHAR"/>
    </class-descriptor>
</descriptor-repository>
The jar containing all the ojb class is in my lib folder.
I am using jdk 1.6, struts 1.2.9, ojb 1.0.4,netbeans ide.
Thanks for helping setting up ojb.