Hi Frank,

How about defining an attribute in your persistent entity and using that
attribute (member variable) to store and retrieve the value appropriate to
construct / initialize the java.awt.Color object member variable ?
This additional attribute could be persistent like any other attribute of the
persistent entity.

Regards,
Gautam.