Hi Hans,

Hans Novak wrote:
Hi,

i am not shure, but is ist correct when i have an object, witch is a tree of some other objects (colletions) and i delete a part of the tree and then store the hole object (tree) - in the database the deleted object will also be deleted ?

Everything works fine, when i store or update the object, but not when i delete. The deleted part of the object will not be deleted in the database. I can remove it by hand, when i run a remove.object (the part of the tree) and then store the (changed) tree.

Is this normal ?

It's how OJB currently work. But I agree this is not the behavior a user expects when using a "removal aware" collection and above all the odmg-api implementation detects the removed/orphan objects and delete them. OJB (PB-api) ignore the objects detected by the removal aware collection on delete of the main object. I will have a look at this.

Hans