Hi Christian,

Christian Lipp wrote:
I am still looking for an solution for my lock level settings and therefore
I am digging through the OJB source.

What I am not sure at the moment is if the setting of the isolation-level is
generally ignored in OJB?
<descriptor-repository version="1.0" isolation-level="read-comitted">

I couldn't find the place in the OJB code where the isolation level is set
to the DescriptorRepository and later to the connection.
In my optionion the isolation-level in the XML file is ignored.

Out of the box the isolation-level setting is only used by the ODMG-api which use pessimistic locking by default.
http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/guides/lockmanager.html#Pessimistic-Locking
The PB-api doesn't use pessimistic locking, thus it will ignore these settings.

The database transaction levels are completely independent from the isolation-level setting in OJB. So you can use different database transaction levels (e.g. as property in the dbalias attribute in the jdbc-connection-descriptor)

Thanks in advance,
CL