Hi Tino,

Tino Schöllhorn wrote:
Hi,

we are using OJB-1.0.1 and evertything works fine. Now I have the following situation:

We have a security-mechanism which uses the classes ACL (AccessControlList) and ACLEntry. One ACL has many ACLEntries. Now when using the standard OJB-Materialization methods OJB uses 2 SQLs to materialize on ACL. One for the ACL and one for the ACLEntry.

Because we have MANY of those ACLs I am curious if it is possible to overwrite the materialization-method so that just one SQL is used. I thought about using "Prefeteched Relationships" but I noticed that there are also 2 SQLs.

The "Prefeteched Relationships" is useful if you search for more than one ACL, then OJB is able to reduce the queries to read the ACLEntries:
http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/guides/query.html#prefetched+relationships
The upcoming version 1.0.5 use "Prefeteched Relationships" for all 1:n relations.

Any ideas or even example how I could achieve that?

Sorry no.

Kind regards
Tino