Maybe not an answer you are looking for, but I believe most applications rely
on security of the operating system to provide the security of the database
password.  What I mean is that if you have this under a Java application,
the WEB-INF directory is secure or should be.  If not, your setup is likely
not correct and your app should not be on the web.

-----
JohnE

http://www.jobbank.com jobbank.com