From: Andrew Gilbert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 3:23 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Issues with RH 8 and UTF-8 Encoding

Anyone else having issues with UTF-8 being default encoding under RH8? I
had to set LANG to en_US.iso88591 in my environment to get a build and
reasonable junit result. This is both with 0.9.8 and latest from CVS.

Looks like the preprocess step in the build is one suspect, specifically
org.hsqld.util.CodeSwitcher. Also the replace tasks under the preprocess
target in build.xml might benefit from include/exclude attributes?Not
sure that will cover everyting, as think there are a small number of
*.java files still presenting issues under UTF-8.

Also get null pointers with certain documentation files (xdocs) during
transforms, dependent on LANG/file.encoding settings.