From Jason May: -------- Original Message --------
The data store sounds a little like what I'm attempting to do with numbrary.com. I don't have an explicit focus on economic data, but so far that's the majority of the content on the site. My primary focus recently for Numbrary has been to mine some of the US government agencies that produce economic data. So far I've pulled down chunks of the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, Bureau of Economic Analysis, and Federal Reserve. Regarding data visualization, it looks like you've followed the same path as I have with AJAX charting toolkits. I've experimented with Plotr, which is a PlotKit clone. You should have a good look at what Swivel and Many Eyes are doing. There are also some strong Flash toolkits, e.g. http://www.amcharts.com/ Cheers, -Jason Jason May Numbrary [EMAIL PROTECTED] 408-204-1186 On Jan 14, 2008, at 6:06 AM, Jonathan Gray wrote: > Rufus Pollock wrote: >> One part of our Open Economics project (http:// >> www.openeconomics.net/) involves maintaining a data store: >> http://www.openeconomics.net/store/ >> Corresponding data is stored in subversion: >> http://knowledgeforge.net/econ/svn/trunk/data/ > > Just before Christmas I was in touch with Jason May at Numbrary, who > is also interested in this kind of thing: > > http://numbrary.com > > Jason: it would be great if you could forward to the list some of > the experiences you've had with Numbrary and your thoughts about the > data visualisation libraries that are out there! > > It would be great to get a good discussion going on this... > > Jonathan _______________________________________________ okfn-discuss mailing list [email protected] http://lists.okfn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/okfn-discuss
