Some of what you wrote is on the about us page,
http://okfn.org/about/
starting after "What is open knowledge"

I think it might be useful to move that to another section. On the home page,
you have that "learn about openness" box. It might be good if people clicked
there, and then they went to a page that had all that "What is open knowledge"
stuff:

-------------

Open knowledge’ is any content, information or data that people are free to
use, re-use and redistribute — without any legal, technological or social
restriction. We detail exactly what openness entails in the Open Knowledge
Definition. The main principles are:

    Free and open access to the material
    Freedom to redistribute the material
    Freedom to reuse the material
    No restriction of the above based on who someone is (e.g. their
nationality) or their field of endeavour (e.g. commercial or non-commercial)

Open knowledge is what open data becomes when it’s useful, usable and used.
and so on

Then from there, people can go to what is open data.

Gene