Dear Niels,

I am afraid I do not understand enough about patent rights and the issues of 
establishing a European Patent Court and a “unitary patent” myself. I recommend 
to talk to people like Dr. Dannie Jost, who is an expert for Intellectual 
Property Rights & Patent Law at [1] and whom I am looping into this 
conversation (Hi Dannie!).

Other resources you might reach out is perhaps Open Rights Group and EDRI or 
the folks at LAPSI 2.0 although they are not focussed on patent laws but might 
be able to point to the right direction.

Hope this helps a little. I am curious myself to learn more about this.

All best
Daniel


1. http://www.wti.org/people/jost/


On 03.04.2014, at 21:55, Niels Erik Kaaber Rasmussen <[email protected]> 
wrote:

> Hi
> 
> In Denmark a referendum on the "Unified Patent Court" is coming up (May 
> 25th). OKFN-DK has decided not to engage in the political debate with 
> recommendations on how to vote. However patent rights are important in 
> regards to many aspects of open knowledge. So my question is: what is your 
> opinion on the establishment of a European Patent Court and a "unitary 
> patent" (pros and cons)?
> 
> On a side note we're planing a workshop on European patent data in end of 
> April. We're going to look at data from EPO and possible WIPO. If anyone here 
> on the list has any experience in looking into these data we'd be glad to 
> hear from you.
> 
> 
> Best, Niels Erik
> -- 
> http://www.buhlrasmussen.eu
> http://twitter.com/nilleren
> (+45) 2680 9492
> _______________________________________________
> okfn-discuss mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://lists.okfn.org/mailman/listinfo/okfn-discuss
> Unsubscribe: https://lists.okfn.org/mailman/options/okfn-discuss

_______________________________________________
okfn-discuss mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.okfn.org/mailman/listinfo/okfn-discuss
Unsubscribe: https://lists.okfn.org/mailman/options/okfn-discuss

Reply via email to