On 04/09/2015 03:22 AM, Stephen Welburn wrote: > Hi, > > I've just looked at the Open Buttons page as I was wondering how they > were licensed. > > The page appears to be "CC-BY 4.0", but the instructions for the buttons > themselves just show the images without any attribution required. > > So… how are the buttons licensed ? > > http://opendefinition.org/buttons/
Speaking from no authority, but CC-BY 4.0 allows satisfying the attribution requirement by linking to a resource with the correct info -- see https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/legalcode#s3a2 -- and it would seem that a link to opendefinition.org does that for the buttons, which I assume to be under CC-BY 4.0. I would also assume an implied license, given that the site provides HTML to include the buttons, and encourages downloading and serving yourself. > Also, the "HTML snippets" render as the buttons on Firefox on my Mac. > Maybe a lack of <pre> tags on the snippets ? Apologies, this must have been lost when I migrated the site from WordPress to Jekyll (static site). Fixed in https://github.com/okfn/opendefinition/commit/6d05fd5fdf07fb71834fc3d4aa780050665e38d2 Mike p.s. opendefinition.org links to https://okfn.org/ip-policy/ which is still inconsistent with the okfn.org site footer (BY vs BY-SA). It'd be really nice to correct this. If OK can't make licensing unambiguous, how can others be expected to? Issue open for almost a year https://github.com/okfn/foundation/issues/177 _______________________________________________ okfn-discuss mailing list [email protected] https://lists.okfn.org/mailman/listinfo/okfn-discuss Unsubscribe: https://lists.okfn.org/mailman/options/okfn-discuss
