ngraham requested changes to this revision.
ngraham added a comment.

  This change seems sensible on first glance, but will it be effective? IMHO
there's more to improve with the current UI than just changing the layouts of
the config dialogs. For example, should there //be// global config dialogs in
the first place? Instead, Right now, the only way to change the settings of the
annotation tool you're currently using is very cumbersome: navigate all the way
to Configure Okular - > Annotations - > some tool - > Edit. That's a real
chore, and makes it much harder than it needs to be. I would advocate making
these settings visible in the main UI when you start using an annotation tool.
That way you can easily change the settings for the tool you're currently using
without having to switch contexts or open a bunch of new windows. The UI
pattern of having a tool's settings contextually visible is very
common--perhaps even near-universal--for software that has configurable editing
tools.

  Also, this patch results in the (perhaps inadvertent) removal of the Custom
Stamp's ability to use a user-specified image for the stamp.

  I would advocate some more design work in the Phabricator tasks before we
produce code, or else we're likely to do a lot of work that we re-do later.

REPOSITORY
  R223 Okular

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D10859