dileepsankhla added a comment.

  In D13203#270552 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D13203#270552>,
@tobiasdeiminger wrote:

  > If I use the new tool to typewrite onto a plain text file, I get opaque
white background instead of transparent background. Transparency does work for
PDF documents (i.e. rendered by poppler). In the former case the typewriter
annotation is drawn in ui/pagepainter.cpp L.680. Can you checkout what's wrong
there?

  > We should add something like "Transparent background working on any
supported document type" to the testplan (or only test .pdf and .txt for a
start, it's enough to test both generator and pagepainter drawing paths).

  In ui/pagepainter.cpp L 668, we can comment out `acolor.setAlpha( opacity )`
as here the value of opacity is 255 but changing the L 659 or 668 should be
consistent in the case of other annotations too. Is commenting out L 668
accepted?

REPOSITORY
  R223 Okular

REVISION DETAIL