Not in OL, I wouldn't think. There is the whole "anthologies" issue that
has FRBR-thinkers tying their brains in knots - where a book is
published with multiple works inside, and each of those works gets a
work record. But OL simply treats the book itself, regardless of how
many theoretical works it may contain, as representing a single work.

I'm worried that many of the links in OL, whether between works and
editions, or authors and works, or variant forms of author names, seem
to be in error. And this is a difficult kind of error to correct. Or,
with my most optimistic hat on, is it not? I'd love to hear such good news.

kc

On 10/9/13 11:37 AM, Tom Morris wrote:
> This edition http://openlibrary.org/books/OL23070031M.json is linked to
> two separate works :
>
> http://openlibrary.org/works/OL5750935W/Cardcaptor_Sakura_Volume_5
> http://openlibrary.org/works/OL5750773W/Cardcaptor_Sakura_Volume_5
>
> Is this ever legal?  On the surface it doesn't seem like it should be
> and it's probably also a sign that the two works need to be merged.
>
> Tom

Karen Coyle
kco...@kcoyle.net http://kcoyle.net
m: 1-510-435-8234