On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 11:04 AM, Karen Coyle <kco...@kcoyle.net> wrote:
> I have fantasized that we could create a good mix between RDA and FOAF
> (and they have only 3 or 4 elements in common - I did a comparison).
> RDA lacks all of the interesting elements for living persons: address,
> email, web site. And FOAF lacks the historical view (dob, dod, etc.,
> "flourished" in some century long long ago) and the formal view
> (titles of royalty or religious titles). Between them we could have a
> good "living and dead" vocabulary. I'd like to see it called "Person"
> :-).

Personally I think it would be better to see what can be used from
FOAF and Bio [1] before fantasizing too much. Being able to cherry
pick pieces of vocabulary is where RDF really shines, as compared to
much more rigid XML Schema oriented approaches to data modeling.

//Ed

[1] http://purl.org/vocab/bio/