Ignore my nonsense.  I totally misremembered how this works.

DAISY books can be downloaded the same way any other book is.  There's not
a simple follow-your-nose way to do it (ie a fully formed URL that you can
use), but if you know the magic formula to construct the URL, it's
straightforward.

URLS are of the form:
https://archive.org/download/mobydickbloomsre00herm/mobydickbloomsre00herm_daisy.zip

where the two copies of mobydickbloomsre00herm represent the ocaid from the
edition record:

https://openlibrary.org/books/OL11148379M.json

Your download software needs to be able to handle HTTPS and probably to
follow redirects, but otherwise it should be pretty easy.

Sorry for the noise before.

Tom