From: "Will Nelle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2005 7:59 AM
Subject: RE: [old-chevy-truck] buyer's guides

> I'll be the first to speak out that buyer's guides don't do just a whole
lot more than raise the price of whatever the subject item is.  At first
thought this doesn't seem so bad, because who doesn't want the value of
their truck to go up.  On second thought, I suspect most of us would rather
the value not shoot up as this means parts and trucks become more expensive
and hard to find.  While a truck valued at a high price is nice, most of us
are not in the business of selling, but buying, so higher priced parts and
trucks would hurt us more.

> I find that plenty of information is already available, so aside from my
above comments, I can't say that another Chevy AD information book is
needed.  Recall that I am fairly new to this myself, so I am not speaking as
one of the guys who has a ridiculous library of resources saved up from
years past.

> Will Nelle
> Longview, TX
> 1951 Chevy 3600
>
> Mike Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Heya folks - so I compiled this buyer's guide with help from folks all
over
> the Internet for 60-66 trucks:
>
> http://www.stovebolt.com/techtips/buyers_guide_60_66.htm
>
> Why do I mention it here? Well, I would like to do the same thing for the
> other body styles. So, there is the example of what I am looking for.
>
> Now let me see if I have this right...
>
> 1941-46 is one type of body style? pretty much the same truck or were
there
> wild variations? I know ww2 was going on so I'm guessing they were keeping
> it simple.
>
> then 1947-1955(1st series) with 2 or 3 significant changes in there
>
> then the 1955(2nd series) to 1959
>
> So... anyone interested it hitting me up with information?
>
> -W
>

> Ole Chevy and GMC trucks rule!
>
> To unsubscribe, send an email (with no subject, no body, just the email),
> to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Yahoo! Groups Links

> Ole Chevy and GMC trucks rule!
>
> To unsubscribe, send an email (with no subject, no body, just the email),
to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Yahoo! Groups Links

> Ole Chevy and GMC trucks rule!
>
> To unsubscribe, send an email (with no subject, no body, just the email),
to:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>

> --

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.