Fair enough , it is simple but can also be a real PIA too , as my
hearing is kapti these days I can no longer " listen to the hiss "
(the old & very BEST way to synch multi carbys) but it's still do-
able if you do it step by step , most every mechanic I konw (me
included occasionally) tries to rush or shortcut the job and when
this happens there's _ALWAYS_ frustration and poor idling .

When doing _any_ tune up oriented service the carbys should always be
the very last thing you touch , think of the procedure steps as a
clock face : straight up is a perfectly running engine , start with
compression test then valve adjustment then spark plugs then points
resistance and dwell or gap , followed by timing then lastly you can
begine to fiddle with the carbys .

Still and all , multi carburation on an inline engine will always
give amazingly better performance and economy too since the ports are
in a row and so far apart .

-Nate
     Allen   wrote:
> I'm not sure I agree with that.  I have a dual carb setup and it
was not
> easy.
>
> Allen
> '50 3100