-----Original Message-----
From: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Merlin Bellinger
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 10:57 AM
To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [old-chevy-truck] Re: [oletrucks] Is this fraud?

Guys,
Help me understand the "Scam" of your receiving his response.  He will send
a check to you, with your proper name and address "so you can get it in the
mail".  This check if for the price of the truck AND shipping.   You take it
to YOUR bank and wait until it clears and they assure you there is indeed
american $ in your account.  You pay yourself for the truck and then pay the
people, who come to ship the truck, the balance.   I don't see it.  In fact
... the scam can be that you have the $ in your checking/savings account and
keep the truck.
I've had one of those scams come to me and they wanted all of my banking
information so they could wire the money to the bank.  AHAA!  All of my
pertinent information so they could TAKE the $ from my account.  Man... what
a scam that is.

Chris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
That is definitely fraud looking to me, it is commonly referred to as the
"Nigerian Scam" the check will be bad, you lose the truck, AND they rob you
of the cash you put up to ship, I always tell the buyers they are
responsible for their own shipping on things I sell for just such reason,
also tell them checks are only to be from banks within the states, and not
to exceed the sale amount. Good measures to reduce the fraud, I go even
further in that I warn the buyer I hold the item 10 days after depositing
the check to make sure its cleared. Most honest people know the scams and
are ok with that for just such reasons.
-Chris

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yahoo! Groups Links