I got the cab off the '49 today.  I'll pull the engine and bring the
frame bare in the coming weeks.  This time around I'm gonna have a
painted frame to start with.  No more of that rust crap.  Suffered
through that on the last one and the restoration wasn't even of a
quality I would desire.  So much nicer to build on a rust free
foundation.  Sure it will get dirty and rusty again if I don't take
care, but they make better "stuff" to prevent fust.  Was there
something that went on the right door pillar?  Like a tag?  Rear end
has an Okie bushing already so life won't get easier there.

Took an air hammer and removed the angle strip from the bed side.
Boked a couple of holes in the bed side.  Any technique for
repairing this?  I have flux core wire welder in 110.  There are a
couple of tears in the pocket I would like to take care of as well
before this piece goes to the "beach" for some sand.

Is there anything in the codes that would tip off this not being the
original color?  After doing my time in the Marines I find that
color Forrester green to be too close to the green olive drab.
Better to go with Swifts red.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yahoo! Groups Links