Hi Richard,
I think that it is a welcome change as I have a 55 1st also.  My title  says
54 but vin and hood emblems show it to be 55 and probably titled year of
purchase. The only difference you will notice btwn. 54 and 55 1st is that the
hood side emblems are different.

I tell the common man its a 54 just so I don't have to explain the whole
early 55 late 55 thing. When ordering parts it is just easier too.   Now, when
run into other auto enthusiasts I tell them I am proud of my early  55!!!

Eric Kozlowski
71 Skylark Custom
Motor City

[EMAIL PROTECTED]