Come to think of it, the brakes are '52 and '55 with '69 Chevy hardware (self
adjusting).  Been so long since I did that I plumb forgot myself.  Other than
that, I'm just taking it slow and easy.  With 4:11 gears there ain't much other
way, but keeping it down to about 35 or less and staying the hell out of
towns....if it can be done, I can do it, but, yse, it would be so easy at this
point to say "$1.50 a loaded mile to who can haul it over here"

vwnate1 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Just so ~ the '49 had _HUCK_ brakes no less ~ scary indeed .

Of course , most of the older farm / professionals have done this typ
of thing in a pinch or when young and didn't know any better....

-Nate
Steve wrote:

> That scares me. A nearly 5,000 pound load behind a 3,500 pound
pickup with
> brakes designed to stop a total of about 4,500 pounds.
>
> Have you updated or improved your brakes? Those brakes are
marginal by
> today's standards already and this trip you describe is expecting
quite a
> bit more from them that they were ever intended to stop.
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> www.OldSub.com

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yahoo! Groups Links