Well ;

I _was_ green anyway .

Fun ? not that I recall ~ we were too poor to afford a lousy group 1
battery so we removed the flywheel cover and started it by grabbing
the flywheel's teeth by hand and giving it a mighty spin , after
opening the priming cups to lower the compression of course ~ Jimmy
once got a bit of a cut on his hand but most of us had serious
callouses so no damage .

had to be very carefull to not lean into the path of the priming
cups tho' as they'd squirt out 2' long flames as the engine lit
off....

Then there was the time a connecting rod broke and came flying out
the top of the crankcase , drove it home from the field on one
lung , got another crankcase and re-built it , ran much better after
that .

Didja ever runs yours on the kerosene carby device ? we never did ,
old timers said they'd done so back in the day .

You're giving me tractor memories now , not all are good

-Nate
      Bob   wrote:

> I'm green with envy. In my youth I used to do field work all day
on a 1952
> JD A  on our 357 acre farm in Wakeman Ohio. I have it on my list
to  find and
> rebuild one after the 1952 3600 and the 1926 Model T that are in
line.  My
> brother just finished rebuilding a JD 730.
>
> Bob Moore

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yahoo! Groups Links