Eric, right on.
Some do not have the pride factor.
They have the $$ to get there.
Building is not their thing.
For them the new truck can be it.
Don't get me wrong, the Southern truck is a beauty, but my $$ can be
much less and greater enjoyment.
They know everyone will not buy, that is why they are in low build #.

But for some when going to cruises or shows, they will say it was
built by them, when in reality they just signed a check.
I know this is not all.

I know some that get mad if they go to a cruise or show and do not
win a trophy.
To me that isn't what it is about. I do not build for trophies, I
build for ME.

That is why we have all the many styles, different folks.
The SBC is an example of everything being the same nowadys.

I also, know that we would not have some of the quality pieces to
use today if the prof. shops or vendors did not exist. While I build
all I can at home, I just haven't tried to get into doing full
upholstery. I will on the next one.

And if done right, a good primer paint can be super.

Enough rambling.
For me ' I like Ole Style.

Just my Thoughts,
Walt

--- In old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Walt, these were my thoughts when I saw the website and remember
the  pride
> factor of doing it yourself can't be priced. Although for me it
will be a
> whole lot less <$55,000! and the joy (pain at times) will be
ongoing for  years.

> Eric Kozlowski
> 92 Suburban
> Motor City
>
> In a message dated 10/31/2006 10:01:27 A.M. Eastern Standard
Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> I can  get the new cab with no rust, all new metal parts and build
as
> good for a  lot less $ and satisfaction of building the way I want
it.

> Just my  Thoughts,
> Walt

[EMAIL PROTECTED]