It seems like I used Gabriel red riders on my '49 with shock towers off a '52
and lower mounting as well.  Adapters can be got from different vendors.  May
use them on my current '49 which is now running DA shocks, the heavy duty type.
 Lever action is correct for a '49 but for actual driving, somewhat impractical
and possibly incompatible with radials.

Dennis Miga <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  Does anyone have experience fitting gas
shocks to a stock '48 3100? I purchased some recently but they are much shorter
than the Monroe units I have on the truck now. Is there some sort of adjustment
fitting that needs to be added to take up the slack? The shocks I purchased
look to be the correct ones as I see the same ones advertised on a variety of
the usual web retailers.

Happy New Year's to you all!

Dennis in north Texas

[EMAIL PROTECTED]