I modified my fan to fit in.  I carefully ground off each blade what was
needed (I even needed to grind more off because I put a 2 groove
harmonic balancer in my 261 and it definitely hit the fan).  Then I
balanced the fan to make sure I wouldn't have any weird vibrations (I
saw a fan blade let go once and it made a nasty hole in the hood).  Very
carefully examine your fan to make sure absolutely no stress cracks are
present at the rivet points.

As far as the fan hitting the shaft, you'd be surprised how "untrue"
your original support may be.  Torturing the support to fit the sheet
metal and radiator will require automotive chiropractic work.  I have a
hefty 3/16" clearance between my radiator and water pump.  So I used the
best possible parts in that a part failure will result and one wasted
radiator.

Finally, you say new radiator.  I've seen more new radiators not fit
than do fit.  I can only guess the QC is not where it needs to be.  I
always use original tanks and mounts and recore it to make sure it fits.
What I mean is don't assume your new radiator is an acceptable fitment.

Good luck.

Allen
'50 3100