He's got a Task Force truck and they use the same front mount setup
as the V-ate did , two rods with rubber do-nuts to hold it (that's
whyV-ate swaps in Tri-5 Chevys are SO easy !) .

I think you're thinking of the single front mount under the engine
from pre-1955....

-Nate
     James  wrote:

> I might be fulla something, but I think you'll have to pull the
timing cover, cam, and remove the front plate, replacing it with one
that has the holes for the front motor mount so you can then bolt to
the front crossmember.  Such plates are available and can be found on
ebay, or the stovebolt forum.  Or you could drill the holes, but this
is a tricky business best left to a machinist, and even then you'll
want a plate to compare it to.

> Jonas Thaler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:          It turned out to be
a passenger car block.

> We are deciding what to do right now.
>
> On Apr 17, 2007, at 6:28 AM, vwnate1 wrote:
>
> Sounds like the wrong engine block for a Task Force truck to me .
>
> -Nate
> Jonas wrote:
> >
> > Again I apologize for repeating myself!
> >
> > I replaced the block on my 235 in my 59 3200 and now it is built
> up
> > and ready to install. My mechanic says that the new block is not
> > drilled the same way as the old block and he cannot use the same
> > mounting plate in the front. He thinks the new block is meant to
> > mount in the center,
> >
> > According to the pictures I took before I removed the old engine
> > (before I got my new job and had to hire someone to finish the
> truck)
> > the old block mounts attached on either side just behind the
> timing
> > cover.
> >
> > Is it possible that we got a block that is not compatible with the
> > cross member on my 59?
> >
> > Anybody have a clue? I got one nice reply so far which made me
> want
> > to go back and re-examine the new block, which I will do next
> week.
> > But I am still hoping someone knows about these blocks and can
> clear
> > it up right away....
> >
> > Thanks again so much

[EMAIL PROTECTED]