Steve,

  I don't have a neoprene gasket, so that was good advice. I think I will try
to use new cap screws too, with the nylon lock nuts and be very careful when
tightening them down. Thanks for you input - much appreciated.

  By the way, I have about 3 or 4 B carbs, and now I know why I should keep all
of them around.

  Janice

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
          My 59 Chevy--235, Rochester B carb destressed me also because of the
main
gasket weep, but little trouble so far & the past year or so. Here's the deal.
I believe its made of aluminum or some sort of cheap pot metal, yet the carb
does a good job for me and I have no intention to replace, because, that is
what came with it. I sent my original years ago to LMC as core charge,l and
purchased the same replacement remanufactured carb, with intentions everything
will be fine. Well in this land of cheap goods, I will inform you, keep your
core. I wish I had done that myself. The remanufacted carb I received had the
4 holes which were originally tapped, drilled out and they used tappered head
screws to assemble it. These screws they probably had found laying on the
floor, and actually these dug into the pot metal, I wound up with a carb in
poorer condition than the one I originally had. So do not send the original in
as
core. You may need it for spare parts later. So the weep problem kept on. I
actually found some #6 or #8 aprox. socket head cap screws and used the nylon
lock nuts, and new neoprene gasket and luckely came out ok. No seepage so
far. As said, they all seep, I agree. To keep this to a minimum, given these
are made of pot metal, Do not overtighten the 4 screws holding the gasket in
place. They may in the future need 1/4 turn tightenings as time wears on, when
seepage increases. So only tighten enough to prevent seepage, just don't
over do it. And do not make my mistake of believing you will receive a
reputable product, they are rebuilds, and maybe worse than the one you have
now. And
also be sure a professional is doing the job, prefereably someone you are
locally in contact with, rather than waiting for something to arrive in the
mailbox. Take my word, I been there. Also when I did the repair of this cheapo
received, after disasembly I laid both surfaces on flat, very fine sand paper
to ensure a good fit without voids for the gasket to make a supperior seal.
Good luck to you, don't make the dumb mistake I did in the past.
[EMAIL PROTECTED], 1959 Chevy Apache Fleetside, the Road King, 235 , single
barrel Rochestor B carburator. </HTML>

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yahoo! Groups Links