Thanks Walt.

Dennis

----- Original Message ----
From: inline_6250 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, July 28, 2007 5:32:51 PM
Subject: [old-chevy-truck] Re: Electronic Distributor Question

If it has no vacuum advance on it, should be mechanical advance.
You can change the springs to make the advance come in when you want.
Make sure the weights move freely and not sticking.
You should be able to see the movement with your timing light hooked
up and change RPM of engine.

Good Luck.

Just my Thoughts,
Walt

--- In old-chevy-truck@ yahoogroups. com, Dennis Miga <dennismiga@ ...>
wrote:

> I have installed a like-new Mallory Unilite electronic (non HEI)
distributor in my '48 3100 with a '56 235. A friend gave me the
distributor with no installation instructions. The question I have
is, do I need to install a vacuum advance unit or is this distributor
equipped with some internal advancing mechanism?

> Dennis in North Texas

someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.
> http://answers. yahoo.com/ dir/?link= list&sid= 396545433

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yahoo! Groups Links