As I use synthetic oils in my old Mercdes Diesels and my totally
clapped out 1969 Honda CM91 Tiddler Moto , I know it doesn't really
leak any more , like you said , it'll just wick out a bit easier .

I read all the B.S. websites too then I began experimenting on my own
rigs and it's *very* good stuff .

-Nate
      Mark   wrote:

> nate-and others. in the links to websites i found 2 seperate places
> that specifically mentioned that syth will tend to leak more. but
> there is a reason. synth is 'thinner' and can weasel its way into
> cracks easier despite wieght(hence its better 'slickness') and so is
> only coming out of old worn out seals/gaskets that were previsouly
> sludged closed.
> it doesnt creat leaks-it shows leaks that were plugged with sludge!
>
> the most important factor especially for our older engines is the
ZINC
> content. as the other links showed make sure you read the bottle.
and
> in general diesel rated oil will be better.
>
> im NOT an expert at ALL but i do think synth is superior to regular.
> mark
>
> --- In old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com, "vwnate1" <vwnate1@> wrote:
> >

> > Again ;
> >
> > There are NO ' dumb ' questions ! .
> >
> > That report is total B.S. by the way , by old men who are afraid
of
> > progress....
> >
> > Any engine ~ flathead , L head , F head , heck even a T head will
> > LOVE synthetic oils .
> >
> > If the engine is all full of sludge (common) you MUST run it no
more
> > than 50 miles and then _HOT_ change it as the synthetic oil is
> > incredibly detergent and it _will_ wash loose all the sludge and
> > filth inside your old engine .
> >
> > It'll also seep a bit more but these were never oil tight to
begin
> > with .
> >
> > Diesel rated oils will obviate any cam scuffing issues due to
lack
> > if zinc .
> ...few understand oil .
> >
> > -Nate