  _____

From: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of rsims56
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2008 4:57 PM
To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [old-chevy-truck] Gasoline Stabilizer Question

I have a very, very small gas tank leak on my farm tractor. As I was
talking to the local tank repair shop he mentioned to me that gas
bought from a service station was very unstable and that in as little
as one month it breaks down into a benzene compound that "rots" your
tank. He stated that "farm gas" does not have this same stability
problem. He stated that you could buy a stabilizer that prevented the
break down. Now I certainly have heard that gas will get "bad", but
this is the first I have heard that it is corrosive enough to damage
the gas tank. Can anyone confirm or refute the 30 day time frame and
the corrosive nature? I may have to really change the way I treat my
old truck and my other infrequently used vehicles.

Thanks
Ron

7:40 AM