  _____

From: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of luke_the_drifter52
Sent: Monday, September 01, 2008 11:36 PM
To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [old-chevy-truck] Re: Carb. tune up

Thanks Brian.
So it sounds like I got a bad accelerator pump with my rebuild kit.
How did you fix the throttle shaft problem?

--- In old-chevy-truck@ <mailto:old-chevy-truck%40yahoogroups.com>
yahoogroups.com, Brian Smith
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The lag on acceleration is the accelerator pump not working  or the
apray nosle is hitting the butterfoly or the side if the carb so its
not getting a good shot down the throat of the car for acceleration.
The idle problem could and probbaby is the throttle shaft is leaking
air.
> from years of sue the shaft wears teh holes in the throttle body
oblong then it sucks air in at idle and its below the the venturi so
it dosent get the right amount of fuel into it. or a leaky base
gasket too . just some thoughts and problems that i had on my 66 1 ton

6:03 PM