From: Jones, Allen <allen.jo...@sdstate.edu>
Subject: [old-chevy-truck] 2009 Chevrolet vs. 1959 Chevrolet
To: "old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com" <old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tuesday, November 30, 2010, 3:21 PM

If someone hasn't seen this, it is interesting.
http://www.iihs.org/video.aspx/info/50thcrash.  Take note of the A pillar
performance between the Malibu and Bel Air - it's remarkable.  It really does
drive home the point on what to expect in a offset frontal impact.  I think
this would even apply to our old trucks.  I get a false sense of security
thinking my added seat belts will protect me in a serious crash.  Not to
mention the javelin of a steering column that will likely impale thought my
chest.  It is a shame they destroyed the Bel Air.  This email is full of happy
thoughts...

Allen
'50 3100

PS Also note the dust (or is it sand blast grit?) that comes out of the rocker
panel of the Bel Air on impact.  Impressive.