Mark,

I did not know that about the '51-'55 models.  My '59 Apache has the frames
and tracks.  My '75 F-250 is frameless, but has the tracks.

I seem to remember that the window frames and window tracks disappeared on a
lot of cars about the same time as they did away with the vent windows in
the late 1960s and early 1970s.  Those big, frameless windows also didn't
have any channels to guild them up and down.  All they had to keep them in a
closed position was that big rubber seal.  What an open invitation to a
thief.  Frequently those window mechanisms would loosen up or break if left
halfway down and you slammed the door.  I once had a 1969 Cougar which used
frameless and trackless windows.  I wouldn't buy a vehicle build like that
again.  Same thing for those press to close hatch and side windows.  I want
more security than that.  Not to mention all the rattles and drafts they
eventually produce.  Newer doesn't always mean better.

Garnet