What size tire for a 15" rim? Truck is a '57 3100.

THANKS.

"Nate" <vwna...@yahoo.com>
Sent by: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
11/20/2011 09:58 PM
Please respond to
old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com

old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
cc

Subject
[old-chevy-truck] Re : 15" Tire Size Question

If possible , find a LT215/85R16 size , that'll match the original 15"
bias ply tires almost exactly .

I don't know if this size is still available in America anymore , often
looking in Barrio tire shops rewards you with original size tires as the
worker bees from other countries understand the important of the correct
diameter tire , not just " wow that looks so bitchen' ! " lunacy of
American Hod Rodders .

I'm amazed that I have become one of those old guys everyone goes to for
what I consider basic information on tires etc.

Interestingly , Falken tires has a nice catalog that has all the info
Garnet used , I used it to choose the radial 16" tires I plan to fit my
'69 C/10 with whenever it is I find the flusherginner rims .

-Nate
Garnet wrote:

> Sorry, it took me so long to respond. I did not make my decision on tire
> size alone. I matched up new tires with the specs of the original tire.
> am positively trying to keep my Father's work truck as stock as I can.
This
> 3100 is the bottom of the lineup so you know it did not come with
white-wall
> tires on it unless they were ordered special. Not something any farmer
in
> my county would have done to a working farm truck in 1959. The original
> owner use to bring this 1959 3100 into my Dad's shop for service. My
Father