 From: Nate <vwna...@yahoo.com>
To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, November 25, 2011 7:30 AM
Subject: [old-chevy-truck] Oil Bath Air Filters

Oh crap ~ this again .

Year & model please ? .

I asume you're talking about a Rochester Monojet carby with the air cleaner
stud sticking straight up the center of the venturi ? .

Maybe a link to pix would be good before my motor mouth gives you bad advice .

This is precisely why I'm always yammering about NOT *EVER* GIVING UP YOUR OLD
CORE until the job is done or at least you're satisifed the rebuilt part suits
. (matching them up) .

You may well be able to explain to the seller that they sent you the wrong part
& you'd like to exchange it for the correct one , _forget_ about even asking
for your old core , it's long gone now .

In the end , you may be able to find the correct one on Flea Bay and rebuild it
your ownself or have someone local do it .

Don't panic , there _will_ be a slution here , O.K. ? .

Just a bump in your road , that old carby prolly had a too lose throttle shaft
anyways =8-) .

-Nate
Re : Oil Bath Air Filters

Ken Asked :

Guys, I have the oil bath air cleaner too, but when I bought a rebuilt carb from
one of the suppliers, I didn't realize that the

top of the new carb is of a different config and dimension---so the filter won't
fit. Many months went by before I realized this because the engine wasn't
running at the time. I had to return the original as a core. Any suggestions how
I can make the air cleaner fit? The carb is smaller in diameter.
thx ,

Ken