 From: Nate <vwna...@yahoo.com>
To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, April 7, 2012 8:35 AM
Subject: [old-chevy-truck] Re : later model Chev L6 for 52 chev truck

This will be a 192/230/250/292 engine and it's do - able but you'll need to
fabricate side motor mounts .

I imagine Tom Langdon has info on the DIY how-to on his site....

FWIW , these Thinwall engines are *very* good indeed , being lighter & vastly
more fuel efficient than any old Stovebolt engine *BUT* , thy suffer from
severe cylinder taper when abused by lack of routine oil changes .

The good part is : they're cheap & plentiful , easy to hook up to an automatic
overdrive slush box , cheap to overhaul too as parts are _EVERYWHERE_ (except
the darned exhaust manifold I need =8-^) .

Unless it comes flly equipped and with an IRONCLAD warranty , don't be paying
over $100 for one .

I just bought a good 292 CID one for $100 , it included the Muncie SM465 four
speed tranny if anyone wants it cheaply the tranny , not the 292) , in So. Cal.

-Nate
Ken Asked :