  From: Mike Healy
  To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, July 15, 2012 3:12 PM
  Subject: [old-chevy-truck] Long distance trip

  Good day all,

  I have a friend that is considering taking a stock '49 Thriftmaster on a
  500 mile (each way) trip. The truck is in good condition and has been
  pretty much all rebuilt with no upgrades (everything is still stock). It
  has the 216 engine in it.

  My questions are; Is this too far to try to take this under its own
  power? Is there anything in particular that should be done (that we may
  not have already thought of) to ensure a trouble free trip? What is the
  top speed that you would recommend driving at for any extended period of
  time?

  Any information/opinions you can provide would be appreciated.

  Thank you,

  Mike