From: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of smbarrett
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 4:28 PM
To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [old-chevy-truck] Shop ceiling height

I need opinions on how high should a garage ceiling be if one of the uses is
parking and working on a vintage (mine is 1952) GMC half-ton pickup? I've
set up a meeting with a builder to see about putting a garage under a room
that we are going to build onto our house. The house is on a hill, and I
think we can fit a garage in, but I want to make SURE that there will be
enough headroom to at least get the truck in and out easily and also be able
to raise the hood.

I would measure my truck, but it is currently inaccessable to me and
partially disassembled and on blocks in a friend's shed.

Thanks,
Sam Barrett