Luke,

That's exactly what I did.  Have a helper turn off the engine for you and be
spry about looking down the carb throat.  You'd be surprised how fast a winter
gas blend will evap off a warm manifold.  I also suggest you google this issue
(both search in this forum and on the stovebolt website) - you can also tell if
you're having a problem from drivability issues.  Most of the discussions
however are regarding multiple carbs and heat.  You also need to make sure you
don't have a leaky needle and seat.  A drippy bowl will have you chasing ghosts.

Great looking truck.  I have to poke you bit... only one pic!?!?!  Post more
please.  The exhaust does look good.  How about a pic of the engine?  Also,
where was the pic taken?  It looks nice.

Good luck.

Al Jones

'50 3100