I like to remind people that the 235 was in the first Corvettes!  Albeit with
multiple carbs and/or mechanical fuel injection (I forget).

I have a beautiful rebuilt 235 in my 59 3200 and it looks, sounds and performs
solid as a rock.  I had a chance to rebuild a 261, but decided to stay with the
original 235 engine.  In the end I had to swap blocks anyway, but I am happy
with the result.

Let's hear it for the Thriftmaster.

Jonas Thaler
post production