Kevin,

What I ended up doing is probably totally wrong.
Please bring on the dangers of this installation.

There's nothing wrong with putting the crossmember under the frame. It's okay. However, there is one very big item you need to look at. Puting the crossmember under the frame will lower the rear of the drive train. That may throw the driveshaft angle out, which will result in vibration. Check the driveshaft angle. GV should have sent you info on how to check driveshaft angle, because the installation could change it.

I have also heard that GV offers modified crossmembers that sit a little
lower, but all I've heard of are Chevy units.  I doubt that they are
going to have a Cutlass member in stock.  I chose to modify my
crossmember as it would obviously be the easiest thing to replace.

If it fits a Chevelle, it will fit your car. They're both GM A-bodies. Chevelle-Cutlass, they're the same.

Milton Schick
1964 442 Cutlass
[EMAIL PROTECTED]