Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 08:36:34 -0500
From: "Kurt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: 442- what does it MEAN? OFICIALLY?

I beg to differ with the FAQs.
====================
Alas, the FAQ is imperfect.

1964: 4-bbl, 4-spd, Dual Exhaust
1965: 4-bbl, 400 cid, Dual Exhaust
And that was the *last* that Oldsmobile oficially defined the 442.  Period.
=================
REALLY?
Explain please then the 1966 and 1967 442's with the 4-bbl carb, identical to the 1965 AT models in every significant way. How is it those do not rate "Oldsmobile oficially defined" ??

Then explain please how my 1968, the first year that the 442 was actually a GM defined separate MODEL and not just an option on a Cutlass model... with 442-ness incorporated undeniably right in the VIN... fails to rate as "Oldsmobile oficially defined" ??

I slap your face with 'thee' gloves, sir, and challenge you to back up these absurd claims!
You insult my 442!
Dual [sic] at dawn*!

:-)

* Dual exhaust, at Dawn's Bar & Grille, on the outskirts of town
Chris Witt
*the* Rocket Scientist
1303 W. Miller Rd.
Lansing MI 48911

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Cell 517-449-0432 weekends or short weekday calls or leave message.
Home 517-882-9747 thru 10-11pm MI time most days