You may have a point there about vehicles being worth more in parts (provided you have buyers) than in one piece.  For this reason I worry about taking my 72 out on movie dates with the wife.  There's a recent run on thefts in movie theater parking lots around Houston...apparently thieves have figured out that when cars show up, the owners will be away from them for at least 1.5 hours which is plenty of time to have their way with the owners' belongings/vehicle.

So, the Olds doesn't go to the movies anymore.  She does, however, get to go visit our friends around town, go out to eat, go run the occasional errand, all the while never getting wet unless it's time for a wash.

I tell ya, some cars have it easy!

Duane
72 Cutlass Convertible