Hello Dirk,

I have that also on my roadmap but didn't found the time to get deeper in to
that. For SSO we are planning to use AD accounts and Kerberos.
For the Kerberos implementation on system level I could recommend PBIS Open
(https://www.beyondtrust.com/products/powerbroker-identity-services-open/)
You need to create a service principal name in HTTP/www.example.com in your
domain and download the keytab file to your host.
Finally the configuration needs to be done in the web server. You need to load
and configure a Kerberos module to make it happen.

Possibly something like that:

LoadModule auth_kerb_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_auth_kerb.so

Beispielkonfig für Kerberos:
<Location /SITENAME>
  AuthType Kerberos
  AuthName "Acme Corporation"
  KrbMethodNegotiate on
  KrbMethodK5Passwd off
  Krb5Keytab /etc/apache2/http.keytab
  Require user dou...@example.com<mailto:dou...@example.com>
br...@example.com<mailto:br...@example.com>
ermintr...@example.com<mailto:ermintr...@example.com>
dy...@example.com<mailto:dy...@example.com> </Location>

As I said, I never found the time to test this and its just a collection of
information but I hope it helps and would be happy to get a feedback from you.

Regards

Michael